Saturday, February 12, 2011

Crafty Saturday

We've lived in our house for over 3 years, and until today, didn't have any window treatments in our kitchen.
So today I decided to change that.
While Ava slept, I measured, cut, pinned, and sewed three valances for our breakfast nook.
Here's a before shot-
and here's an after shot.

Not too bad for a little over two hours worth of work. And that included hanging the rods!
So, since I was on a crafting roll here today, I decided to embellish one of Ava's old onsies for practice.

I obviously don't know how to use my sewing machine very well.
I somehow managed to slice my finger open. Not sure how, as the needle is the only moving part, and I know a slice this size didn't come from the needle. Thank goodness I still had some Steristrips squirreled away.

No comments:

Post a Comment