Tuesday, March 8, 2011

the Circle Skirt

I *finally* made something for myself-
This Circle Skirt!
I can't tell you how EASY it was- it took me about 20 minutes to sew it up (well, it should have anyway- I readjusted the elastic waistband a couple {ok, 4} times).

So, like the name implies, it's a circle of fabric. More like a donut.
Which means there are NO SEAMS to sew! the only sewing involved is attatching the elastic for the waistband and the hemline, which I don't really like doing.
I made this one out of a bed sheet that I got at a thrift store.
I thought it was white with little grey polka dots, but upon further inspection, I decided the dots are actually purple. No matter.

It still needs the bottom hem. I think I'll just wait until I get my serger, then add a rolled hem. That will make this project the easiest skirt ever!

Oh, and guess what else I made?

Fresh, homemade buttah. Mmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment