Tuesday, March 22, 2011

New dresses

Oh, how I love my little girl in a dress!! Isn't she just the cutest thing ever?? The dress is pretty cute too. I used the tutorial from Prudent Baby. This is actually the second of these dresses that I've made, but the other one is having issues- I used the snaps that the pattern called for, but I can't get the snaps on the front of the dress. UGH.


So instead of snaps, I made buttonholes (!) and used some buttons I already had.


Yes, this dress is a little short. No, she had better not even *think* about wearing something this short when she's a teen. You can't tell from these pictures, but I made a really cute little diaper cover out of the paisley fabric to match. That's the whole reason this dress is so short- so that while she's playing, you can see that cute little bum covered in paisley.



I've been thrifting a lot recently. I found a men's shirt that looked like it should have been a little girl's dress all along.

So I bought it, washed it, and started cutting...










and a few short hours later, I had this-
An awesome little shirtdress.
I used crossgrain ribbon for the waistband instead of contrasting fabric, mainly becuase the ribbon matched, and my spare fabric did not. However, I really like the way it turned out. The orange ribbon really pops.


After I had already sewn the placket shut, I decided to swap out the buttons from the plain white ones to these fun blue flowers I got from Chris's Grama's stash.
I am totally in love with this pattern. I think I'll make more.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! You are so dang crafty! I am jealous! Love all of Ava's new clothes and the utensil mirror is so cool!

    ReplyDelete